This week I rustled up a home made a curry paste and I have wanted to use it on everything. Here I used it to coat some salmon but its also fantastic on chicken (or for making Kenyan masala fries if you’re not dieting!)
Ingredients (makes half a jar of leftover paste):
2 cloves garlic
1 thumb-sized piece fresh root ginger
0.5 teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garam masala or all spice
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons tomato puree
1 small bunch fresh coriander
2 salmon fillets
Juice of 0.5 lemon
Salad (to serve)
- Lightly toast the dry spices in a dry frying pan for about 30-60 seconds
- Add to a food processor with the oil, ginger, puree, chilli and coriander, and puree into a thick paste.
- Using a teaspoon or pastry brush, liberally coat the salmon fillets with the paste.
- Fry the fillets in a little bit of oil over a medium heat, starting skin side down and turning once each side is cooked.
- Serve with salad and a squeeze of lemon juice
Nutrition (per fillet with salad): Protein 35.6g, Fat 11.1g, Carbs 6.2g (264 kcal)